What is #GivingTuesday?
In the same way that Black Friday and Cyber Monday kick off the holidaybuying season, #GivingTuesday kicks off the holiday giving season. It was created in 2012 as a global day of giving back and doing good for others. In its first three years, it has proven to be a meaningful (and fun!) way for people to share a little holiday spirit with their favorite community organizations. Overall, #GivingTuesday has grown dramatically each year, with a total of almost $46 million raised in 2014, over 60% more in 2015. All signs indicate that the trend will continue in 2016!
Why donate to Our Center?
Our Center is for Our Community
and every penny helps!
Our Center is for all members of our community, and we need everyone’s support. As a local nonprofit, our success is directly tied to the community that we serve. Build Our Center has strived to create meaningful programs, functions, and events that bring people to together in support of a common goal: opening and sustaining a community center.
We all realized that dream this year!
In order to continue, we need your direct support and donations. We are focusing our efforts and resources to achieve the following outcomes:
- The Space: Continue to sustain a safe, inviting space for programs, services, and community use. With Our Center now open, we need to continue to fundraise responsibly to keep the lights on.
- The Programs: We will develop and expand programming, with continued focus on youth and further development for seniors and other groups.
- The Involvement: We will have clear, consistent, and compelling messages to increase awareness, investment, and participation in the community and organization.
This is just the start! We’ve narrowed down key activities in order to reach these goals. However, these outcomes are not possible without your donations!
What has Our Center done?
Since acquiring our 501(c)3 tax-exempt status in 2013, we have expanded our strategic plan, dramatically increased fundraising, and worked to develop meaningful programming.
- Our Youth program, which includes both the youth social group HOMIES (Hands On Movement Including Everyone) and the Point-In-Time Homeless Youth Count, continues to grow and expand as we approach the third year of this event.
- Northern Nevada Pride, which took place for the third year in July, brought in over 7,000 attendees to downtown Reno to celebrate!
- Ongoing calendar of functions, activities, and groups (over 60 per month) at Our Center!
- Check out our website to see more of the great events, activities, and involvement of the organization, www.OurCenterReno.org.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!